I decided that I was gonna do a bulk cooking day like no other…I loaded up on some meat at Sam’s Club and put together a list of 30 recipes that I wanted to make. Some of them were ones that are normally in my rotation but others I found on the internet and Pinterest.
To save some time during the week I choose to precook almost everything. Some of these recipes could be dump recipes that are frozen ahead of time and then just pulled from the freezer and put in the crock. But because I was trying to make the most of my time I decided to precook and just pull and heat 🙂 Here’s how the day went down and the recipes/links as well as photos from the day.
I had 4 crockpots working at one time as well as the oven and stove burners too. Lots going on in a small kitchen but boy did it smell good in here!
1) Chili ~ This is my recipe that we use a lot during the winter months.
Ground Beef, chopped onions, minced garlic, chili seasoning, 1 can tomato paste, 1 large can tomato sauce, 2 cans kidney beans, 1 can rotel, baking soda, brown sugar
I start by browning the ground beef, We like our chili loaded with meat so I used about 2lbs. Next, I drain the fat and add the onion and garlic cooking until translucent. Then I add the chili seasoning and tomato paste, next is the tomato sauce, kidney beans and rotel. Lastly I add about 1/2 tsp. baking soda and about 1 tbsp brown sugar and let it cook for a couple hours on low. Once it cools I put in a freezer container and freeze.
2) Sweet & Sour Chicken ~ This is a Pinterest recipe found HERE
8 oz Catalina dressing, 1 envelope onion soup, 1 can whole cranberries, 4 chicken breasts (you could also add a can of pineapple chunks if you wanted)
I cut up the chicken breasts into cubes and then simply put everything in a skillet on the stovetop and let it cook on med-low heat for about an hour until it cooked down and got thicker. Bagged it and put it in the freezer…I’ll serve this over rice.
3) Teriyaki Chicken ~ This is an adaptation of a Pinterest recipe found HERE
2 chicken breasts, 1 cup water, 1 cup teriyaki sauce, 2/3 cup brown sugar, minced garlic, ground ginger
I cut the chicken breasts in half and added everything to a ziploc bag then let it marinade in the fridge for about 4 hours…then I dumped the bag into a crock pot and cooked on high for 4 hours. Once cooled I bagged it and froze it. This will be served over rice with steamed broccoli.
4) Garlic & Herb (Mojo) Pork ~ This is one of my recipes
3 pork chops, mojo marinade (Mrs. Dash zesty garlic & herb marinade works as well)
Add pork and marinade to crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours…shred cooled meat adding some of the marinade and bag then freeze. This is will be served as cuban pork and yellow rice with black beans.
5) Italian Chicken ~ Another of my recipes2 chicken breasts, 4 oz Italian dressing
I boiled the chicken breasts at the same time that I boiled the chicken for two other recipes. Boiled for about 30 mins then shredded when cooled, bagged it and froze. This will be added to yellow rice and green peas for chicken and yellow rice.
6) Meatloaf ~ This is a Paula Deen recipe found HERE So yummy and the kids love it!
Once baked and cooled I place into an 8X8 Glad Overware pan so when I need to reheat it will be able to go right into the oven 🙂
7) Pot Roast ~ This is my recipe1 roast, 1 envelope onion soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, steak seasoning
Sprinkle roast with steak seasoning and onion soup mix and cover with cream of mushroom soup, add beef broth around roast and then I cooked it in my cast iron dutch oven at 325 degrees for about 3 hours…check broth level often and add if need be. Once cooled I shredded bagged 1/2 recipe and froze. This will be served with glazed carrots and instant mashed potatoes.
8) Pot Roast Stroganoff ~ this is a Publix recipe found HERE
1/2 recipe of above Pot Roast
This will be added noodles served with a veggie.
9) Mississippi Pot Roast ~ This is a Pinterest recipe, I couldn’t find a post that linked back to the original recipe but here it is…
Chuck roast, ranch dressing packet, Au Jus packet, stick of butter, pepperochini peppers.
Put chuck roast in crock pot, Sprinkle with Hidden Valley ranch dressing, add McCormick Au Jus mix, a stick of butter, 5 pepperoncini peppers. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs…I actually put this in a dutch oven and cooked at 325 degrees for about 3 hours at the same time as the other pot roast was cooking. Shredded the recipe and bagged 1/2 then froze.
11) Breakfast Burritos ~ This is my version of The Pioneer Woman’s HERE
wrapped in foil, bagged and froze.
12) Skinny Minis ~ This is a recipe my friend Amy Cotta’s book Six Weeks To Skinny Jeans, more info found HERE
Basically I used EggBeaters, turkey breakfast sausage and cheese. Cooked in a muffin pan at 325 degrees for about 8-10 mins…watch them closely. Once cooled I bagged the “muffins” and they will be kept in fridge for breakfast for the hubby during the week.
13) Pumpkin Muffins and Bread ~ This is a Pinterest recipe that can be found HERE
These are really yummy and passed the kid test too 🙂 the muffins didn’t make it to the freezer, they are in the fridge for breakfast and snacks. The loaf was frozen for later.
14) Corn Dog Muffins ~ Another Pinterest inspired recipe I just used jiffy corn mix and hotdogs…baked as directed and once cooled I bagged them and froze.
This was another hit with the kiddos because the hate the stick in corndogs, so these were perfect 🙂 Take out of freezer in the morning and put in lunch bag and by lunch time they are thawed.
15) Lasagna ~ The Pioneer Woman’s recipe found HEREI put this in a Glad Ovenware pan and froze
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this big cooking day 🙂